Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download and upgrade v10.6.1 to v10.6.3.

Hello.

I was doing a software update in an outdated Mac OS X 10.7.3 to get all the latest updates through its Apple Software Update. However, one of them failed to upgrade: iTunes v10.6.1 to v10.6.3. After rebooting to let Mac OS X 10.7.3 to 10.7.4, Apple Software Updater shows it 97% partially downloaded. I have over 31 GB free, so it can't be a free disk space problem. I tell it to resume download, but it quickly fails from 169 MB to about 172.7 MB (176.9 MB is the whole size) with "The update "iTunes" can't be installed. The update could not be verified. It may have been corrupted during the downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs."

I think the download is bad and is needs to be manually(?) deleted for me to retry. Where is this corrupted file at? Thank you in advance. 🙂

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:25 AM

I have the same problem,

I get the same error when I try to update itunes from 10.6.1 to 10.6.3

macbook white unibody late 2009. MacOSX SL 10.6.8

5 replies

Jun 18, 2012 11:30 AM in response to NiKapa

NiKapa wrote:

I have the same problem,

I get the same error when I try to update itunes from 10.6.1 to 10.6.3

macbook white unibody late 2009. MacOSX SL 10.6.8

Interesting. I finally got the updated iTunes downloaded and installed. The only thing different was I turned off the machine and repowered on. I don't know why that would make a difference versus/vs a reboot. See if turning off and on your Mac fixes it.

Unable to download and upgrade v10.6.1 to v10.6.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.