Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 AppleID accounts and want to cancel 1

I have 2 accounts and want to cancel 1 account.

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 1:11 PM

Just stop using it.

All purchases made with tht account will always be tied to that account. Apps purchased with that account will have to updated using it and your computers will have to be authorized for that account as well.

4 replies

Jun 20, 2012 12:58 PM in response to roaminggnome

This is not an acceptable solution for me. I found out today, for some unknown reason, that I have a "second" apple id account when apple sent an email to my work address. The email wanted me to verify my email address, and told me "not to worry" when I'm wondering why I got this email. I have not added or change my apple contact info...I didn't even know they had this email address on file (in a separate apple id).

I've now spent the last 30 minutes resetting passwords to try to get logged on to see how to close this down. I need this to be closed because I need to not have non-work stuff tied to my work email address - and please don't say for me just to give this erroneous account another email address. I need some real help here on how to close an account.

2 AppleID accounts and want to cancel 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.