Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yahoo email does not work on iPad

I've had my iPad 2 for about 6 months. I have a business email account through yahoo that works fine. I have a regular yahoo account that until last night worked fine also. I now get a message with the regular Yahoo account that says username or password incorrect. I double checked and they are fine. Yahoo mail works fine on my laptop. I deleted the account off my iPad and re-created it again. Same problem. I changed my yahoo password. Same problem on the iPad. I can not figure out at all why this suddenly happened. There is no rhyme or reason for it. The iPad has Yahoo mail pre set to use with your account so I don't get it.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 3:04 PM

Did you setup Yahoo! as a POP or IMAP account on the iPhone? If you set it up as POP and you are checking the account on your computer, this might be how it's supposed to work.

To check, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > tap the Account.

If that doesn't help, take a look at the Yahoo! site -> Troubleshooting Yahoo! Mail on your iPhone

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2012 3:04 PM in response to Jonathan Bowering

Did you setup Yahoo! as a POP or IMAP account on the iPhone? If you set it up as POP and you are checking the account on your computer, this might be how it's supposed to work.

To check, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > tap the Account.

If that doesn't help, take a look at the Yahoo! site -> Troubleshooting Yahoo! Mail on your iPhone

yahoo email does not work on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.