Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I opened iweb it opened as a file I deleated. I have a published website with godaddy and would like to update. How can I open the existing iWeb app to the site that is already published?

When I opened iweb it opened as a file I deleated. I have a published website with godaddy and would like to update. How can I open the existing iWeb app to the site that is already published?

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 7:59 PM

6 replies

Jun 19, 2012 6:30 PM in response to Roddy

I have a host godaddy

I have website alreadt published in godaddy

I went to update it and it opened to an old March 19th file. I have no idea on how to retreive the already published site so that I may update it at home on my mac.

Do I need to start from scratch?

I went to the godaddy account mngr/Web Hosting/Content/FTP File Mngr and that's where I got lost.

I wanted to hopefully download and save to open in iWeb. Though pretty much a novice I have been trying for 2 years to get this website upand running. Any help would be tremendously appreciated

Jun 20, 2012 6:25 AM in response to Papasmurph

You cannot retrieve the already published site as iWeb CANNOT open it - it has no import facility.

You need your domain.sites file, which you can find under User/Library/Application Support/iWeb/domain.sites. You do not need any kind of account for this because it is your domain.sites file that resides on the hard drive of your Mac anyway. Find this file and you can alter your website.

Use a spotlight search to try and find it and if this does not work you can download something called Find Any File. If you really can't find it, then you'll have to start from scratch because iWeb cannot open a site that is already published.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.