Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To Get Passed My Pass-code Because I Forgot It

Well....I have just recentely picked up my iPod and I forgot that I put a lock on it. I have the newest nano... I also for some reson can't get onto iTunes with my iPod- I can find it on "My Computer"... I do have a Windows running computer... HELP!

iPod nano

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:43 AM

If you don't know the passcode, you'll have to connect the iPod to iTunes and restore it.

However, since iTunes does see the device, try plugging it into a different USB port as well as using a different cable to rule out issues with the USB and/or cable.

Try resetting the iPod with it still connected as well to see if that makes a difference.

How to reset iPod

Otherwise, work through all of the suggestions here as necessary.

iPod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows

B-rock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2012 11:43 AM in response to AndroidFanBoi

If you don't know the passcode, you'll have to connect the iPod to iTunes and restore it.

However, since iTunes does see the device, try plugging it into a different USB port as well as using a different cable to rule out issues with the USB and/or cable.

Try resetting the iPod with it still connected as well to see if that makes a difference.

How to reset iPod

Otherwise, work through all of the suggestions here as necessary.

iPod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows

B-rock

How To Get Passed My Pass-code Because I Forgot It

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.