Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my password for yahoo and how do I reprogram it in message on my iphone?

I changed password on my yahoo account.

Therefore when I am using "message" on my iphone it says something like "impossible to connect to the server"

Which is right since changed my yahoo password using my PC.

Now, the question is, what do I have to do in order to allow "message" on my iphone to get my yahoo messages like it use to get them before the change of password?

Thanks a lot!!!!!è

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:49 AM

That's pretty simple!

You jus need to get into the settings of the mail account by going to settings - Mail Contacts and Calenders - (Your Yahoo Mail account) - Again the email ID - there, you'd see the password section, delete the exising password and then insert the new password and click on done. Close the settings and then fetch the new mails by opening the mail app. This should solve your problem 🙂

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2012 4:49 AM in response to tedlux

That's pretty simple!

You jus need to get into the settings of the mail account by going to settings - Mail Contacts and Calenders - (Your Yahoo Mail account) - Again the email ID - there, you'd see the password section, delete the exising password and then insert the new password and click on done. Close the settings and then fetch the new mails by opening the mail app. This should solve your problem 🙂

Jun 27, 2012 8:00 PM in response to tedlux

Hi,

I just saw sagarpachorkar's reply. I have the same issue as tedlux. My Yahoo account was hacked, I changed the password: it works fine on my home computer but my iPhone won't accept the new password (as per sagarpachorkar's advice). I have 2 other Yahoo email accounts on my iPhone - they continue to work fine (no password change) but my primary Yahoo email won't send/receive emails even though I've changed to the new password on the iPhone. It either times out during "veryifying" or says password incorrect (which it isn't - am very careful entering it) or says Yahoo server not available. I think Yahoo is having some major issues right now.

If anyone else can help with getting my iPhone to accept the changed password, and subsequently get emails, please help.

Jun 27, 2012 8:34 PM in response to gtsing1311

This is gtsing1311 again : forgot to say my husband also changed his Yahoo email password at the same time I did (on the big home computer), and changed it on his phone successfully as he was able to receive/send emails immediately on his handphone after the password change: the difference is, his phone is a Samsung Galaxy - so he had no issues with the Yahoo interface on it. Apple and Yahoo need to figure this out, as I've seen dozens of emails on this topic in the past month or so.

Jun 27, 2012 9:44 PM in response to gtsing1311

Okay! 🙂

@gtsing1311, do one thing!

1. Delete the Yahoo! Mail account completely from your iPhone by going to that account and select "Delete Account"

2. Close the settings app using multitasking.

3. Restart your iPhone.

4. Go back to Settings -> Mails Contacts and Calenders -> Add Account -> Yahoo. Now enter the name, email and password (The new changed password, of course 🙂)

5. After it's done, select the options for Mail, Notes, Calender, as per your preference.

6. Open up mail app, and iPhone should now fetch all your emails and you're good to go! 🙂

This should solve your question 🙂

Jun 28, 2012 7:56 PM in response to sagarpachorkar

Hi, thanks for your help, but still stuck. After completing your (4), it goes into "Verifying" and then times out. I have changed the time-out auto-lock to 4 minutes (from 2). I try again and then it says username or password incorrect - I know they are not as I am in the Yahoo account using that info on my big home computer. I have tried using past passwords just in case there's some residual memory. But no good: still no email on my iPhone. Really frustrated with this and don't think contacting Yahoo will do any good as they will blame Apple. I will see a friend today who is a bit of an Applie iPhone jock and see if we can work it out. Will post if solution found.

I changed my password for yahoo and how do I reprogram it in message on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.