Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Making Templates

1037 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 4:20 AM by marc smith6 RSS
marc smith6 Level 2 Level 2 (155 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 19, 2012 3:42 AM

Hi

Doing my first label Template in Pages it will be a 4x4 Portrait table for sticky labels.

The obvious move would be to make one label and just duplicate in the document. The way I was starting out was to create a shape as the first rectangle box and place all the text and images in it but when I tried to ALT + Drag it only the shape moved. Would I be right in saying I have to put all my info inside a Text box to be able to ALT + Drag all the info inside a Text box or is there another way?

Mac OS X (10.7.2), MacPro, MBP, iPad 2, iPhone 4S
  • Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,195 points)
    Jun 19, 2012 4:05 AM (in response to marc smith6)

Hi Marc,

It can be difficult to select and drag a collection of items all at once. Try Arrange > Group before doing the Option-Drag action and see if moving one combined object works better.

Jerry

• Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,195 points)
    Jun 19, 2012 4:16 AM (in response to marc smith6)

Marc,

Thanks for the feedback. You may already have learned that as you assemble the elements of your composition, but you must mind the "Object Causes Wrap" parameter. It can really be confusing if things begin causing text to move out of the way. I hope you enjoy your learning experience.

Jerry

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.