4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 4:20 AM by marc smith6
marc smith6 Level 2 Level 2 (155 points)

Hi

Doing my first label Template in Pages it will be a 4x4 Portrait table for sticky labels.

The obvious move would be to make one label and just duplicate in the document. The way I was starting out was to create a shape as the first rectangle box and place all the text and images in it but when I tried to ALT + Drag it only the shape moved. Would I be right in saying I have to put all my info inside a Text box to be able to ALT + Drag all the info inside a Text box or is there another way?

Mac OS X (10.7.2), MacPro, MBP, iPad 2, iPhone 4S
  • Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (29,925 points)

Hi Marc,

It can be difficult to select and drag a collection of items all at once. Try Arrange > Group before doing the Option-Drag action and see if moving one combined object works better.

Jerry

• marc smith6 Level 2 Level 2 (155 points)

Many thanks thanks what I'm after for the meantime. I have been trying the object placement paramters where you can have them floating or inline and the objects and shapes have been moving around. Just tried the Group function and it makes things way easier, so thanks again. First time using Pages for something like this. Another one of those learning curve moments.

• Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (29,925 points)

Marc,

Thanks for the feedback. You may already have learned that as you assemble the elements of your composition, but you must mind the "Object Causes Wrap" parameter. It can really be confusing if things begin causing text to move out of the way. I hope you enjoy your learning experience.

Jerry

• marc smith6 Level 2 Level 2 (155 points)

Yes I have unticked that Ithink that was my first point of confusion:-)

Many Thanks!