Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod doesn't sync walks with nike plus

Hello,

I used to have an ipod nano 2nd generation and I used the nike plus sensor plugged into that and the shoe sensor to sync runs to nikeplus.com. I now have an ipod nano 6th generation and I understand I dont need the sensor.

Yesterday I used the 'walk' functionality on the ipod and logged a walk, which I can view in my history on the ipod. When I connect the ipod to the mac and load itunes I see two sensors in the Nike Plus tab (sensor 1 & pedometer). Under the sensor 1 list I can see all the runs I did last year, but under the pedometer I see nothing. Both have my nikeplus user id's at the bottom but I dont understand how to get the walks to sync to itunes and then to nikeplus.com - in fact, is it even possible to sync walks there?

Thanks,

Steph

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:19 AM

19 replies

Jul 16, 2012 4:58 PM in response to StephanieWalker

So it seems like there are many of us who walk instead of running. I've asked questions to Nike about the now non-existent feature. Never got any answer.

I hike a lot. I bought the iPod and the Nike sport kit to keep track of my hikes. Gess what? No more Apple or Nike products for me.

Anyone from Apple feel like chiming in here? Maybe Apple people could get an answer from Nike ...

Apr 16, 2013 10:13 AM in response to StephanieWalker

From http://support-en-us.nikeplus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36812/p/3169,3171

"At this time, pedometer workouts cannot be uploaded to nikeplus.com through iTunes. Depending on your specific configuration (iPod nano generation, iTunes version, etc.), you may receive either an error message or no response if you attempt to upload pedometer data.

The Nike+ team may create an upload option for iPod nano pedometer users in the future. We appreciate your patience as we work to implement this option, and we encourage you to keep tracking your steps in the meantime."

Jul 13, 2013 9:31 AM in response to StephanieWalker

I've been a runner for many years. Arthritis had me sidlined for many months now. My running days are probably over, but after a seriese of gel shots in my knee I can walk. I am also very disappointed that I can't sync

my walks like I did my runs. It's also a little depressing to log on and see my last run was in April and it may

be my last one ever.

I hope this issue gets addressed soon.

Jul 15, 2013 4:45 PM in response to StephanieWalker

Well it seems the problem presists. I used to be able to sync my ipod nano 5th generation and now that I have upgraded to the 7th generation I can not sync my walks, and that is sad.

I bought the 7th generation Ipod nano with nike+ features in mind but now I think I should have stick with the 5th G and bought the fitbit flex for activity tracker propose.

It is over a year since the 1st post, and I personally think that nike+ has not much of a future, the fit bit look much more apealing now.

Ipod doesn't sync walks with nike plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.