Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery life

my battery drains very fast

iPod classic, my battery drains very fast

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:25 AM

10 replies

Jun 19, 2012 8:51 AM in response to rcabalei

How old is your iPod Classic?

After 3 years, most iPod batteries doesn't last more than 20 hours of continous music, or 2 hours of video. The lifespan of iPod Classic battery is about 400 recharge cycles, so if you have been charging it twice a day, it may not last 1 year.

If it is still under warranty bring it in to the Apple store for replacement, if it is not , they may charge you US$59. Alternatively you can get it replace at most 3rd party iPod service centres, for slightly less.

Feb 16, 2013 10:54 AM in response to rcabalei

Hello,

I am currently an owner of an Ipod Touch 4th generation. I see you are having problems with your Ipod Touch/Ipad/Iphone/Ipod Classic, so I will try to find a solution to your problem.🙂

Quoting Sbailey4:

1. Do the IOS 6.0.1 update (or any other update)
  2. Reset All Settings: SETTINGS>GENERAL>RESET>RESET ALL SETTINGS
  3. Use it until it dies (automatically shuts off)
  4. Plug into Charge
  5. Leave it 1.5 hours or longer after it reaches 100% --> Undisturbed (preferably overnight)
  6. Give it a few days to Calibrate

(ME):This has helped me on my Ipod Touch 4th generation, running IOS 6.0.1

Hope that helps!

If none of the above solutions work, can you please respond back ASAP as I will try to find another solution to your problem (This might even help others with the same problem!)

Cheers!

Pizza98704

battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.