Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

resize itunes window?

Hello: for iTunes 10.6.3 on OS 10.5.8 ppc, is there a way to get the shrink corner to shrink down the iTunes window to a much smaller size? With this new verson, the window is barely adjustable down, & takes up about 70% of an active screen on this 19 in. widescreen LCD. I downloaded & installed sizewell but doesn't give this "shrinkdown" function. Thanks.

G4 sawtooth 1.5 OWC cpu, Mac OS X (10.5.8), KVM

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:54 AM

7 replies

Jun 19, 2012 11:05 AM in response to Paul Larkin

Paul Larkin wrote:

Hello: for iTunes 10.6.3 on OS 10.5.8 ppc, is there a way to get the shrink corner to shrink down the iTunes window to a much smaller size? With this new verson

There is no difference in iTunes versions.

the window is barely adjustable down, & takes up about 70% of an active screen on this 19 in. widescreen LCD.

Monitor size is irrelevant.

What is your monitor resolution set to?

Jun 19, 2012 9:56 PM in response to Chris CA

1400 x 900 is the screen dimensions. If you are suggesting I reduce/enlarge the screen, I mean by "perfect", that I am not going to do that. The monitor is perfectly pixelled as is, it is iTunes that is hogging 70% of the screen. It does not drag down any further. It used to in older versions, which I may revert to.

Would you kindly explain "bit smaller than the System prefs window." ? Did you use terminal or 3rd party sw to get there? Thank you.

Jun 20, 2012 8:11 AM in response to Paul Larkin

I was not suggesting you change the monitor resolution. I simply wanted to know what it is set at to make "70% of active screen" relevant.

Paul Larkin wrote:

Would you kindly explain "bit smaller than the System prefs window." ? Did you use terminal or 3rd party sw to get there? Thank you.

???

I opened Apple menu - System prefs.

I can make the iTunes window a bit smaller than that.

It does not drag down any further. It used to in older versions, which I may revert to.

Then something is wrong with your system. It's not iTunes. Going to an older version amy work but you will still have something wrong with your system.

Have you ran Disk First Aid and repaired permissions?

Aug 7, 2012 11:55 AM in response to Paul Larkin

hi. I had difficulty with this too. I discovered it accidentally. So, the first time I did this, I had already been playing the video. I then closed the window (stopped the video) and clicked on the little column-window when it said, "Now Playing". I'm talking about the little image at the bottom of the left-hand column - underneath "LIBRARY", "STORE", etc.

After I got it going once, double-clicking on other videos opens them up in this resizeable window automatically.

resize itunes window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.