Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Print to HP LaserJet from iMac 27"

We suddenly Cannot Print to our older HP Laserjet 4 Plus from our New iMac 27" Quad Core runnning LION or our older iMac 20" (2007) running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I have deleted all the Printers & PPDs from Libarary and Downloaded and reinstalled HP Drivers 2.9 for Lion & Snow Leopard... checked all Ethernet & Lynksys Router connections with no success.

Also Reset the Printing System on both computers according to Apple's Tech Article HT1341

HP tech thought we might have a Trojan Horse so scanned with 3 different Virus Programs with nothing detected.

Please advise with any ideas for us to Try

Sincerely,

Table Hopping Newspapers

Syracuse, NY

<Edited By Host>

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:58 AM

9 replies

Jun 26, 2012 8:23 AM in response to Shawn1129

No they don't see the printer at all.... We have one old iMac (eggshell) with oS 10.4 that prints fine to the Hp LaserJet 4 Plus... but neither of our newer imacs running Snow Leopard on one and Kion on the brand new one.. can see or print to the LaserJet. However both used to work fine with it (two weeks ago)

All are connected via Ethernet via Lynksys Router... I deleted all printer drivers from the System Libraries on both newer iamcs and reinstalled Hp Drivers 2.9 Manually via the .dmg file on Apple's Support Forums. Using Software Update wouldn't do it and said "there are no updates to be installed"

So I'm lost for a hypothesis on this.....other than buying a brand new printer with USB

Cannot Print to HP LaserJet from iMac 27"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.