Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion download only w/o installing

I'm supporting a computer 90 miles away, and the user has a really slow internet connection. I need to be there for the install, but not the download. Can I have her download Lion but not install until I'm there? I've install Lion on two computers, and I just can't remember if this was an option.

Thanks

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:22 AM

When the Lion Installer finishes downloading it automatically opens to make the installation, but she can quit the app and not make the installation. The installer will just sit there in the Apps folder waiting for your visit.

4 replies

Jun 19, 2012 11:25 AM in response to DLScreative

Hi..

If it's a really slow internet connnection, since Lion is a 4GB file, itls more than likely the download will time out before the download is completed.

And just so you are aware, if Lion is installled, if the startup disk needs repairing or the Mac OS X reinstalled, it requires high speed internetc (broadband) connection to do so.

Requirements for reinstalling OS X Lion

"Reinstalling OS X Lion via Lion Recovery requires broadband access to the Internet via Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection. OS X Lion is downloaded over the Internet from Apple when Lion Recovery is used for reinstallation."

From here > OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery

An alternative would be to purchase the OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive - Apple Store (U.S.)

Lion download only w/o installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.