Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ghost sounds on muted clips only after exported - imovie09

Here's what I did.

used clips from my iphone 4s to create a short video. used a song from my itunes as my soundtrack and muted all clips by selecting all and dragging audio to 0%. Everything sounds correct on imovie 09 and I have double/triple checked that each clip has no sounds accidentally checked on.

SOMEHOW, after I export the video I can hear the audio from only certain video clips. The ghost audio starts at 1:22 into the video and lasts randomly throughout. In fact, I can hear the audio from clips two or three scenes ahead in the movie. This makes absolutely no sense to me since I have made a few of these videos the exact same way in the past and have never experienced this problem.

I have tried exporting in HD and Large format and I still hear the random audio. Also tried quitting imovie 09, restarting and exporting again. No luck.

Watch and listen to the problem here: https://vimeo.com/44215842

Please help! Thanks.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 2:58 PM

just found this thread and I am hoping that there is a better fix than this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2506774

8 replies

May 4, 2016 4:08 PM in response to bouncedlight

OK. Thank god I found this thread, because I thought I was losing my mind. Working on a project in iMovie '09 (I know, long story) and audio from one of the muted clips is ghosting during a different element of the video after I export it. Crazy. At first I thought I was hearing things as it is very faint. I tried deleting the clip generating the sound and re-exported... the ghost audio was gone... then replaced the clip. Still hearing it. I tried changing the timings of the surrounding clips as that sometimes seems to fix audio glitches. Didn't work. So now I'm re-ripping the offending clip without audio. If that doesn't work I give up.

Has the latest version of iMovie fixed this issue?

ghost sounds on muted clips only after exported - imovie09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.