Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps asking to update carrier settings for iPad 2

Every Time I plug my ipad 2 into sync with my MacBook Pro 15 (2008) or it sees it on wifi and starts to sync, I get this prompt. It started last week, and now happens EVERY time. I sync about 3 times a day, and each is held up by the prompt, for me to accept it. It used to be seamless, it now needs me to "manage" every sync. I have accepted and installed each time, and have just done a restore on the iPad, but it hasn't solved the problem.

I have latest software on BOTH h/ware items.

I am on O2 Network in UK on iPad, and my Network for Internet is: BT

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 2:40 PM

7 replies

Aug 17, 2012 2:06 PM in response to Tara Cravens

I have been having this problem for months now and it's really annoying me now, I rang O2 and was put through to 5 people the last of which said "that shouldn't be happening" - I was dumbdounded as he sat in silence waiting for me to respond. Eventually he said go in to an O2 shop and speak to them.

Yesterday I went to the O2 shop and told them telephone support had told me call in and see them, to which they repiled "They would wouldn't they?" I asked if they could help they said "No" I asked them for a new Sim card which they gave me.

I have just ordered a Vodafone Micro-Sim from their website and cancelled my O2 Mobile Broadband subscription. I will try Vodafone next month and see how that is.

iTunes keeps asking to update carrier settings for iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.