Sounds like your backup is corrupt and restoring to it is causing your phone to malfunction. You may have to restore it as new (i.e., without using your backup) and start over. If it's continually restarting, force it into recovery mode to restore it. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808.
Well I see nobody cares . . . . . I thought Apple community was the place to go to get all the answers . . . . . .
Got the phone back up. I had to create a Temp User on my computer, get iTunes, (but even then the restore gave either a 1604 error or 21 error), then going straight to the update file and double-clicking it to start the restore process.
Anybody want a iphone 3gs? Windows . . . here I come!
When USP charging cable is connected to both the live wall charger and iphone,
the iPhone will succesfully 'Slide to Power Off'.
When the USB cable is not connected the following:
1. Hold down power button until "Slide to power off appears".
2. Slide the slider.
3. Iphone gets the spinny wheel.
4. Screen goes dark for a second.
5. Apple logo then appears and the iphone eventually turns back on.
6. No Apps are installed on this 4S.
7. Restored on iTunes several times, No change.
8. Changed USB Cable, No change.
9. Cleaned Connector port w/ brand new, Clean, soft tootbrush, No change.
10. Blown clean air into the connetor, No change.
Any New developments / suggestions?????????????