Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A few questions about Macbook Pro 13inch batteries.

Hey, my Macbook Pro just arrived today, and I was wondering about general battery care:

Is it okay to leave it plugged in while using it?

How come there's a longer power cord and a shorter one? Is it just for convenience?

How long does a Macbook usually take to charge to 100%?

Is it okay to leave it plugged in all night?

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I'm not very tech-savvy. Thanks for any help!

xx

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:12 PM

Yes, you can leave it plugged in. Once in a while however, you have to use it under it's own power, at least till it reaches 80% to keep your battery in optimal condition.

As for the power cord, you answered that one yourself " for convenience "

How long does it take long to charge all depends on how low the battery was when you charged it.

Yes, it's ok to leave your Macbook plugged in all night. Just make sure you use it under it's own power once in a while. You don't have to fully discharge it which might do more harm than good.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2012 8:12 PM in response to MinjiK

Yes, you can leave it plugged in. Once in a while however, you have to use it under it's own power, at least till it reaches 80% to keep your battery in optimal condition.

As for the power cord, you answered that one yourself " for convenience "

How long does it take long to charge all depends on how low the battery was when you charged it.

Yes, it's ok to leave your Macbook plugged in all night. Just make sure you use it under it's own power once in a while. You don't have to fully discharge it which might do more harm than good.

A few questions about Macbook Pro 13inch batteries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.