Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help!!

I can't sync with my MacBook because iTunes can't connect to the iPad without me entering the passcode. Every time I enter a wrong passcode, I get locked out for longer. Now I've reached the point where the iPad is disabled and it tells me to connect to iTunes, but iTunes won't let me in for above reasons.

I don't know how else to word this: I have NEVER so much as plugged in the iPad to my computer via MacBook! There is no computer I last synced with because I have never synced AT ALL. iTunes doesn't recognize the iPad. I've been locked out to where I'm told to connect to iTunes. I connected the iPad to iTunes via the USB cable and my MacBook. iTunes tells me exactly: "iTunes cannot connect to the iPad 'iPad' because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes." My iTunes and MacBook are up to date on all updates. Help, I'm desperate and can't afford a new one! 😢

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:28 PM

Did you forget the passcode? The passcode entry only needs to be done once per computer. If you had entered it once and later forgot the passcode, you would be able to restore the iPad without entering the passcode. But now, you will have to put it in Recovery Mode: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

2 replies

Please Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.