Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac, 10.7.4, frequent spinning wheel

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac10,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: IM101.00CC.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.53f13

Macintosh HD:

Capacity: 999.35 GB (999,345,127,424 bytes)

Available: 372.78 GB (372,778,373,120 bytes)

I get the spinning beach ball almost every time I do something; launch an app, quit an app, search for a file, save a file, switch between applications, emptying the trash, etc. You name it, it makes the ball spin. Sometimes for a minute or two, and sometimes it doesn't stop and I have to force quit an app or do a hard restart to get things back to normal.

I've booted from the install disc and have run disk utilities several times, verified, repaired, everything checked out OK. Still no change in behavior.

Very frustrating, it's almost unusable in this state.

Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:34 PM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2012 3:50 AM in response to Pete Lounsbury

I would recommend that you try rebooting while holding down the Command - R keys to get into the Recovery Partition. There, run Disk Repair and then run Repair Permissions twice. A sizeable number of people have found that these steps solved the same problems that you are having. If that doesn't completely resolve it the the next step is to reset the PRAM, by rebooting while holding down the Command-Option-P-R keys. This may also be the problem solver you need.

Hope this helps 🙂

iMac, 10.7.4, frequent spinning wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.