Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent ipad from copying apps from my iphone

I have an iPhone 4s and i've got tons of apps on it. I recently purchased an ipad3. And everytime i hook up my ipad to my pc, it keeps on copying apps from my iphone to the ipad. And i always end up deleting them one by one, after unhooking it from my pc. My question is, how can i prevent this from happening everytime?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 4:15 AM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2012 4:29 AM in response to phillip gene

With the iPad connected to your computer and selected on the left-hand side of your computer's iTunes, use the Apps tab on the right-hand side of iTunes to select/de-select the apps that you want on it - the listbox on that tab lists the apps on your computer's iTunes and you will need to de-select (i.e. untick) those that you don't want to be synced to the iPad.

If you untick the 'automatically sync new apps' tickbox below that list then any new apps that you buy/download won't be automatically synced to the iPad, but you can still sync them by ticking them in the listbox.

Syncing apps : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1977 (the page isn't maintained, but it seems to be still up-to-date).

How to prevent ipad from copying apps from my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.