Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Contacts

I used to have a friends name and phone number held as a contact. When I access Contacts, either directly via the Contacts App or via the Phone App, the name is not displayed. The Group displayed is All Contacts. However, when I use the keypad to enter the phone number and press 'Call', the contact name is displayed.

I have 190 contacts displayed in the phone's contact list but I would estimate I have another 30 or so that are not displayed but show the name if the number is entered manually.

How can I recover these contacts so that they display properly?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 7:41 AM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2012 3:39 PM in response to YodaTony

Just on a lark, and if you're on iOS 6, try going to Contacts, then tap on 'Groups' at the upper left hand corner, then tap on 'All Contacts' so that there are check marks next to all the group names below All Contacts, then tap on Done, and see if your friend now shows up. It's possible that this contact was sorted in a Group that wasn't selected. Don't know if this is the problem, but it might be worth a try.

Hidden Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.