Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have deleted all the music from my Macbook and still shows i have storage with music

How can I delete all music files from my macbook pro?

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 8:30 AM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2012 9:19 AM in response to chilady

Well the sure fire method is to backup the data you do want to keep to a external storage drive via drag and drop copying, then disconnect this drive.

Next go to System Preferences > Accounts and create another admin user account, reboot and log into this new account and delete the old one, reboot and recreate that old user account again with the same name, then reboot and log into it.

Transfer files from backup into the new account with the old user name like before.

Another method is to use the free EasyFind and search for the extension(s) with a wildcard like so

*.mpg or *.mp4, or *.wma

when it finds them all in your account, then you can delete them right there in EasyFind.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11076/easyfind

If your doing this because your going to give up ownership, you might want to erase and install and leave just OS X liek a new machine

How to erase and install Snow Leopard 10.6

I have deleted all the music from my Macbook and still shows i have storage with music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.