Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicklook has stopped working

Quicklook has stopped workingon my MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8. Pressing the space bar on a file yields nothing. Is there a way to update or reset it so it starts working again?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:25 AM

Never mind. I restarted the Finder by typing killall Finder into Terminal and that fixed the problem. Whatever it was.

5 replies

Jun 24, 2012 7:33 PM in response to duck7

I think it's actually due to a software update issue with SugarSync. If I quit out of SugarSync, QuickLook works fine. For some reason, the new update to SugarSync is incompatible with Quicklook. Apparently, it's a known problem. Hope they fix it. For now, I've set SugarSync to not start automatically on startup, and I'll only use it when necessary.

Jul 16, 2012 6:42 PM in response to bobscwork

Since it has been two weeks or so, I decided to try turning Sugarsync back on. Sure enough, the Finder previews problem also returned.

But then SugarSync informed me of an update 1.9.71.

I let SugarSync update itself, and then relaunch the Finder, and so far it appears the preview problem is fixed.

The release notes for this version are not yet visible on the SugarSync site. The newest release notes are for 1.9.69.

In the SugarSync Manager about box I now see "Build 1.9.71.94365.20120712".

Quicklook has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.