Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I uninstall then reinstall itunes on my computer, will I loose my purchased music?

My Ipod nano (6th gen) will not connect to my comupter. I have allready gone through the other steps, so itunes suggested I uninstall then reinstall itunes. Im worried about loosing all the music Ive purchased.

iPod nano

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 1:14 PM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2012 1:24 PM in response to carol150

I am pretty sure you will lose your music . . . I have had issues like this in the past . . . . what I recommend is . . . don't just put it on an iPod, but try to download it all on CD's then you will have a hard copy of all the music . . . . I know that may be very cumbersome, but it is the only guaranteed way in my opinion that you will have all your music . . . .

Jun 20, 2012 1:30 PM in response to carol150

Uninstall and reinstall iTunes will not affected your iTunes library which are stored at a different location. Once new iTunes is installed, it will search the default locationb to look for your library file.

iTunes Library Folder(including your purchased media) locations:

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes

Vista

C: \Users\username\Music\iTunes

Windows 7

C: \Users\username\My Music\iTunes

However, it's always advisable to do a backup of this iTunes folder in case something happened.

if I uninstall then reinstall itunes on my computer, will I loose my purchased music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.