Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

playlist on mac is not the same on nano after sync any tips?

I have an updated play list on my mac that I want to show on my nano. When I sync the songs do not display in the same order on my nano and some songs are missing. They are all checked on my playlist in itunes on my mac.

This has never happened before - usually worked like a charm - any tips?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 1:04 PM

6 replies

Jun 21, 2012 6:54 AM in response to planb77

Hi

I have checked Sync Music and also entire music library. It is weird because this has always worked before.

What I create are playlists for running. Every 10 minutes I insert a one minute short song for a walk break. On my mac, I set it up in the playing order I want, sync and off I go.

Yesterday I took an existing playlist and just added a couple of songs to lengthen it as I am doing a long run Sunday. Thats when things went wrong!

The play list on my mac is perfect. The one on my IPOD put all the one minute songs together in a row so it didnt hold the format.

Help appreciated - this is my first 1/2 marathon and I need my tunes!

Thanks

Jun 21, 2012 10:54 AM in response to planb77

Hi

The copy to play order is not a selection on my drop down. Not sure why not>

I found a work around, not perfect.

I named a new play list. I copied over the play list I wanted to the new name. It was not in the same order. I fixed it up and then synched and now on my nano under the new play list all seems well.

Still troubling that that things get lost in translation, yet I have what I need for my 1/2 marathon on Sunday so am considering this problem solved! Thanks for your help.

playlist on mac is not the same on nano after sync any tips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.