Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is tin foil safe for ipads?

Is tin foil safe to use on an iPad 2?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 1:36 PM

safe for what? to wrap it in like leftover pizza, as a makeshift cable to connect to the charger, to make it a hat to keep people from reading it's thoughts?

-mvimp

14 replies

Jun 20, 2012 2:04 PM in response to iPad 2 questioner

The screen won't die, but it won't work. It needs a capacitive touch, and foil would be a 100pct conductor. Test it yourself with a paperclip.

Buy a cheap stylus, and if you like how it works, get a good one. I was hot for one at first, but after using it, I got used to the keyboard and my fingers. The stylus is buried in the bottom of a drawer, unused.

Jun 20, 2012 2:26 PM in response to laundry bleach

laundry bleach wrote:

Second, I do not know if you can find tinfoil. Aluminum foil, yes, but tinfoil has not been in common usage for quite some time.

If ya lived in Picksburg, PA ... yinz would know that we still use tin foil, gum bands (rubber bands), we drink pop (soda or any carbonated beverage) and if yinz live in Es...liberty ya just might woof dahn a chipped ham (a delightfully disgusting ham that is greasy as can be but remains a Pittsburgh favorite) samwich and then head dahn ta Pants 'n 'at to do some shopping.

All that I am saying is that it depends upon where you live. It will always be called tin foil around here.

BTW .. if you care to interpret the "Pittsburghese" dahnload the Yinzer app.

Is tin foil safe for ipads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.