Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a NAS with my AirPort Extreme and access it through back to my mac?

Hello,

Can I use a NAS with my AirPort Extreme and access it through back to my mac? Im running lion on both my macs and have an apple ID with iCloud.

I can acess a USB drive fine but wanting to invest in Raid NAS System.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 6:56 PM

Yes and no. Please check out the following AirPort User Tip for details. BtMM will allow you to access a USB HDD attached to the AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule, but you will need to use Port Mapping to access a true NAS device ... that is a device that has its own operating system and connected to the base station by Ethernet. This would be no different than a web or file server on your local network that you want to access remotely.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2012 6:56 PM in response to djh14

Yes and no. Please check out the following AirPort User Tip for details. BtMM will allow you to access a USB HDD attached to the AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule, but you will need to use Port Mapping to access a true NAS device ... that is a device that has its own operating system and connected to the base station by Ethernet. This would be no different than a web or file server on your local network that you want to access remotely.

Can I use a NAS with my AirPort Extreme and access it through back to my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.