Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iTunes 10.6.3 duplicating all my movies?

All of a sudden, iTunes is duplicating my movies. The duplicates are appearing in the same folder with the original, but with different cover art, and an "HD" symbol after the name. This is taking some serious hard drive space, which will run out before it gets very far. This is going to be a pain to fix, especially as I've chosen my cover art carefully, from old movie posters, etc. So, why is this happening, and how can I remedy it, aside from not using iTunes?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4), external WD Element 2TB HDD

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 4:38 PM

4 replies

Jun 20, 2012 5:30 PM in response to Limnos

Limnos, thanks for the reply.

These are movies I've ripped from my DVDs and imported into iTunes to be able to watch them on my TV via AirPlay. They are not purchases from Apple. Since Mountain Lion is supposed to allow using AirPlay from other Apps, I may have to use another App to manage and play movies after the OS upgrade.

On the other hand, if I could get credit for owned DVDs with the iTunes store, without having to rip them myself, AND not have to keep every one of them stored locally, it would be very nice.

Jun 20, 2012 6:05 PM in response to JimRPh

I think I just solved my mystery and must admit to some stupidity in my assumptions. Apparently, the duplicates come from a program called iFlicks that I tried, then deleted a short time ago. Why I just noticed them, I don't know, but I made an assumption that iTunes was duplicating my movies. I apologize for my mistake.

Why is iTunes 10.6.3 duplicating all my movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.