Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail is slow or hangs

So lately I've been running into an issue where the phone app is very, very slow or appears to hang. Its usually while trying to check voicemail and I'll load the app and go to voicemail and then the screen does not respond to anything. Then, after some time the app either crashes or finally plays a voicemail.

Another issue... I was just making a call and instead of leaving a voicemail I tried to end the call and it wouldn't. Press the end button numerous times and after 10 to 15 seconds it finally ended the call.

iPhone 4 with the latest software on the AT&T network. Any thoughts?

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 4:52 PM

5 replies

Sep 12, 2012 8:44 AM in response to razzz

Here's an update. I deleted the recent call log and that seemed to make things better but that was all for not. Over the last couple days I've been notified that I have a VM but the phone never rang. Then, once I press the phone app it goes to a white screen and hangs up or the app crashes. I've also noticed that whenever someone calls and leaves a VM while I'm doing something else on the phone I'll run into the same issue. Phone app is slow or crashes. Wait about a minute and everything works fine. No other issues on the iPhone... just the phone app. Is it carrier related?

Over the last day I've...

- Freed up memory

- Remove all recent phone activity.

- Restored

- Rebooted

Maybe its time for the new iPhone. 😁

Voicemail is slow or hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.