Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina sound problems

Ist I want to say I love almost everything about this coumputer . But I got a sound problem. Initially I thought it was the speakers. Its like there is no high end at all...its literally unusable for music.Ive compared with my 2008 MBPro and theres no comparison (08 and even my Ipad II sound much better). I then plugged headphones in and listened to the same song and discovered that the sound is equally bad (and similar to speakers) as compared to 08 macbook pro.

For what its worth, when i first tryed to play itunes, there was no sound at all, then I poked around and found that output was set on an old bluetooth headset. I then changed it to internal speakers.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 10:59 PM

9 replies

Jul 11, 2012 6:50 PM in response to MacGadget

I just discovered how bad they sound. I'm pretty disappointed that a brand-new computer would have such low-quality sound.

Thankfully, things sound okay when I plug in headphones, but otherwise it sounds kind of tinny or muffled... actually, it almost seems like music is only coming out of one speaker.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize this was for a different model...

Aug 28, 2012 10:16 PM in response to MacGadget

Im sorry guys this was a few months ago now.... i dont recall what we did but it was fairly simple and did not require any reinstall (i was in the airport and it took 10 or 15 min tops). I will contact apple and see if the have a record of the event. I think they they had me delete the eq plist file. I do recall logging out and firing up itunes in a another profile. I also recall using the itunes radio function. Ill try to find out tomorrow

MacBook Pro Retina sound problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.