Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to health check time capsule disk

how to health check time capsule disk?

when doing time machine backuping and copying files into time capsule, it would take ages and very long time.. is the disk going to die soon?

is there anyway i can check the disk?

my time capsule is 2TB current model.

please help.

thank you.

Time Capsule 2TB MD032ZP/A-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4), MD032ZP/A

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:26 PM

5 replies

Jun 21, 2012 12:02 AM in response to franktsang

Try a reset.. and plug the TC directly into the computer with ethernet.. if you are not already doing so.. the speed over ethernet should be fairly good.. 30MB/s or more..

Wireless to Lion can have all sorts of issues..

Unfortunately there is no way to verify a network disk.. and the level of tools in the TC for disk checking is a very round number.. zero!!

Jun 21, 2012 5:40 PM in response to franktsang

Time Machine automatically checks the backups on the disk. It does a quick check (a few seconds) before every backup, and periodically (every month, I think) does a much more thorough check.

You can do that yourself, by holding the Alt/Option key while selecting the TM icon in your menubar, and selecting Verify Backups. That may take quite a while, if you have a lot of data. I'd recommend connecting via Ethernet, as it will still be slow, but 2-3 times faster than WIFI.

how to health check time capsule disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.