Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting movies in iPhoto using 'Current' Setting, exports the first frame only

Hi,

When I export my iPhoto library into separate events using the 'Current' Setting, it exports all video / movie files as the original file type with a single frame in it.

I don't want to go through each event and drag and drop each video to the exported folder as that would be an enormous pain. Does anyone have ideas to fix this? I have edited some photos, so I don't want to export as 'original' if possible 🙂

Thanks!

iPhoto has the latest updates installed and the original videos play perfectly in iPhoto.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 3:25 AM

5 replies

Jun 22, 2012 6:49 PM in response to Yer_Man

Yeah, I have upgraded from previous iPhoto versions, some videos are a few years old (.MOV iPhone format) and some are only a few months old (Canon EOS .MOV format), both export only first frame. I might have to recreate my iPhoto library and start fresh! Currently I am exporting as 'Original' and 'Current' to two different folders, and just grabbing the videos from the original and replacing the videos in the 'Current' folder.

LarryHN's solution works well, but when I add a second condition to select a specific event, I can't choose from a list of specific events (unlike albums). Entering in the event title (in the Event condition) sometimes adds videos from silmilar titled events.

Exporting movies in iPhoto using 'Current' Setting, exports the first frame only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.