12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2012 6:23 AM by HavenPnt
alexdragon Level 1 (0 points)

i bought photon app and it's really waist money. the app is nothing and some times crashes and not supporte many web. so how i can do ??

it's not money problem it's about the lie

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1.1
  • Demo Level 10 (88,856 points)

If it's about the "lie" - you would have to take that up with the app developer. The terms of the App Store and iTunes is that all sales are final and there are no returns. That doesn't mean that you can't try anyway.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

• alexdragon Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks demo but could you tell me the way ? How can I take this up with the developer ?if u check the comment on the photon browser in app store u will see that many people are angry .

• Demo Level 10 (88,856 points)

When I go to the app description and click on the support link, it takes me to here.

http://www.appsverse.com/ContactUs

Go to that link and see if you can get in touch with them.

EDIT - TRY TO EMAIL THEM

Yeah brother , I don't like too

• Kilgore-Trout Level 7 (30,667 points)

alexdragon wrote:

Thanks demo but could you tell me the way ? How can I take this up with the developer ?if u check the comment on the photon browser in app store u will see that many people are angry .

And yet you purchased it anyway?

• Menneisyys Level 4 (1,300 points)

If I were you, I wouldn't except a 100% Flash solution. ALL, I repeat, ALL Flash runner apps must use an intermediate server to stream the original Flash content as a video stream.

Unfortunately, all Flash runner apps suffer from this problem.

(NOte that I'm not on the paylist of the Photon folks. I just wanted to make it clear that, as there is no built-in Flash support in iOS ("thanks" to Adobe for that!), there is no absolutely reliable, 24/7 and/or absolutely fast third-party solution to fix the problem.)

Ufortunately, AppStore comments are pretty useless when it comes to deciding whether a given app is usable or not... there's a lot of negative comments like "this app is useless" with even the best apps (for example, media players, even the most excellent ones, receive a lot of such comments from people that have no clue about multimedia playback at all).

One should only rely on independent tests and roundups written by knowledgeable people. Unfortunately, the majority of AppStore commenters don't belong to the latter category.

I agree, many individual comments on an app are useless, however, any app with a lot of negative reviews and reported problems should be considered suspect.

The problem that I saw the comment after I bought the mother f---k photon . Next time before I buy any thing I will open eyes

alexdragon wrote:

The problem that I saw the comment after I bought the mother f---k photon . Next time before I buy any thing I will open eyes

Exactly. A couple of critical reviews and a lot of good ones, worth taking a risk on. Lots of bad reviews, especially if they tend to,report the same complaints, beware. They are not always correct, but should be one factor in your decision, especially for a paid app.

Unfortunately, what I've stated above is still topical: Flash streaming has always been a PITA.

In my (numerous, independent and reliable) tests (see the latest one at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4048509?tstart=0 ), I've found iSwifter and Puffin the two best players (I'm in Europe so your mileage may vary if you're in the US), followed by Photon.

The first ever Flash player to hit iOS, SkyFire, seems to have pretty low compatibility rate lately and I, therefore, don't recommend it at all.

This ONLY applies to Europe and the present day. It's not known when (and if) the servers of iSwifter and Puffin stop working in the future; the companies go bankrupt etc. That is, you can't have any warranty any of these apps will work tomorrow.

• HavenPnt Level 1 (0 points)

What version of adobe flash player do I use with puffin for an iPad2? Looks according to their notes like I use Linnix, but what version and does this screw anything up if we are wrong. It mentions having to  run disable if not correct. How good is it. Puffin looks pretty good. Thanks you sound brilliant!