Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought photon browser and it's not good how i can return back my money?

i bought photon app and it's really waist money. the app is nothing and some times crashes and not supporte many web. so how i can do ??

it's not money problem it's about the lie

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 3:09 AM

12 replies

Jun 21, 2012 4:10 AM in response to alexdragon

If I were you, I wouldn't except a 100% Flash solution. ALL, I repeat, ALL Flash runner apps must use an intermediate server to stream the original Flash content as a video stream.

Unfortunately, all Flash runner apps suffer from this problem.

(NOte that I'm not on the paylist of the Photon folks. I just wanted to make it clear that, as there is no built-in Flash support in iOS ("thanks" to Adobe for that!), there is no absolutely reliable, 24/7 and/or absolutely fast third-party solution to fix the problem.)

Jun 21, 2012 4:13 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Ufortunately, AppStore comments are pretty useless when it comes to deciding whether a given app is usable or not... there's a lot of negative comments like "this app is useless" with even the best apps (for example, media players, even the most excellent ones, receive a lot of such comments from people that have no clue about multimedia playback at all).

One should only rely on independent tests and roundups written by knowledgeable people. Unfortunately, the majority of AppStore commenters don't belong to the latter category.

Jun 21, 2012 1:05 PM in response to alexdragon

alexdragon wrote:

The problem that I saw the comment after I bought the mother f---k photon . Next time before I buy any thing I will open eyes

Exactly. A couple of critical reviews and a lot of good ones, worth taking a risk on. Lots of bad reviews, especially if they tend to,report the same complaints, beware. They are not always correct, but should be one factor in your decision, especially for a paid app.

Jun 22, 2012 3:47 AM in response to alexdragon

Unfortunately, what I've stated above is still topical: Flash streaming has always been a PITA.

In my (numerous, independent and reliable) tests (see the latest one at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4048509?tstart=0 ), I've found iSwifter and Puffin the two best players (I'm in Europe so your mileage may vary if you're in the US), followed by Photon.

The first ever Flash player to hit iOS, SkyFire, seems to have pretty low compatibility rate lately and I, therefore, don't recommend it at all.

This ONLY applies to Europe and the present day. It's not known when (and if) the servers of iSwifter and Puffin stop working in the future; the companies go bankrupt etc. That is, you can't have any warranty any of these apps will work tomorrow.

I bought photon browser and it's not good how i can return back my money?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.