Skip navigation

One Part Loud Enough

336 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 2:29 PM by P.Dreadie RSS
P.Dreadie Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 21, 2012 4:30 AM

I'm wondering how other's would attack this. I have a project that I like the sound of out of my mains. All levels for the most part are making me happy.

Here's my problem ... I took a part from another tune. A Congo thing . Midi info . It's not loud enough . Can you make the one part and all it's notes playing and make them louder but keep all the levels between notes ??

Or should I just turn everything else down and work from there ?

Peace

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • HangTime Level 9 Level 9 (50,000 points)
    Jun 21, 2012 4:37 AM (in response to P.Dreadie)

P.Dreadie wrote:

Can you make the one part and all it's notes playing and make them louder but keep all the levels between notes ??

if none of the notes are already at maximum velocity, select all the notes and use the Velocity slider in the Track Editor.

(BTW, re: merging tracks (from another thread)... select all the regions in 2 or more MIDI tracks and use the Join menuItem to merge them into a single track)

• léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,560 points)
    Jun 21, 2012 4:49 AM (in response to HangTime)

if none of the notes are already at maximum velocity, select all the notes and use the Velocity slider in the Track Editor.

But if they are, I usually simply double the track by duplicating it and copy the part to the second track to increase the volume.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.