Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset auto login from "never" to "yes"?

I saw this question answered for OSX. But I have this issue on Safari on my iPad. I accidently touched Never but I want to Save the login information.

Does someone know how to do this on the iPad?

Thanks.

Unibody 17 matte, Mac Pro Quad core, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 4:38 AM

15 replies

Jun 21, 2012 5:29 AM in response to So True

Inside Settings > General I don't find Safari. I do see "Reset" and perhaps Reset All Settings?

The thing about Private Browsing off and Accept Cookies from visited is that is how it is now set. I don't see any option to reset those. Should I just change them and then change them back? Doesn't seem right.

I just cleared Cookies and Data. I went to the web site and filled in the information again. BUT - I as not given the option to save the login password information. So I'm guessing that choice remains from before and that I haven't quite found it yet.

I did read on here a horror story from someone who asked AppleCare the same question about their iPhone and was told the only way was to save all the data from the phone and then start over and to set it up as a new phone. Yikes.

Just went to my Yahoo page. I again filled in the info from scratch as it no longer remembered. But again there was no dialogue asking if I wanted to save that info.

Jun 21, 2012 5:44 AM in response to So True

Thanks for clearing that up. I did find what you suggested. And as I mentioned, the settings were exactly already like that. So there was no telling the iPad to change or redo anything.

I cleared Data and Cookies and have to wait and see. Two sites where I entered info anew did not bring up a dialogue asking if I want to save it. Two others just now did. But those two new ones might just be places I never saved to begin with.

Jun 21, 2012 5:52 AM in response to So True

That's what I'm thinking. What a shame we have to do all this guessing. There must be a right answer. And either you can or you can't. Evidently in OSX there is a list of every password inside Safari that you can edit.

In this case my finger slipped. But even if I made the choice on purpose I should be able to change the setting if I like. "Never" is a long time.

Jun 21, 2012 6:48 AM in response to Eddie Strauss

What I did, I went to a site I never went to before on my ipad but had a log in for and logged into it.

typed in my info and chose never when it asked me if I wanted to save it.

I then went to settings>safar>autofill, made sure I had turned names and passwords on and then I hit clear all.

This will reset all your passwords but ask you if you want to save the ones you hit never on.

Jun 21, 2012 7:05 AM in response to TheSmokeMonster

THAT's likely it. Thank you. I had done that. A few times actually. Maybe this website just knows how to stay private and no longer offers the choice. It's not **** though.

Funny because when I had done exactly that before I never was given the 'do you want to save the nevers' question. It all sounds right though.

Thank you very much.

Mar 20, 2013 5:37 AM in response to Eddie Strauss

I had the same issue on my Mac. I did not find any solution online, however I did solve it as this:

Safari > Preferences >

Then go to "Autofill" tab, and click "Edit" bottom next to "User name and passwords". Find thw website name that you want to reset. In the user name cell, you must see "Passwords Never Saved". Remove that row. that's all! You're done. The next time you visit the page, you must be asked to save the password!

How do I reset auto login from "never" to "yes"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.