Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used the protection plan on my iMac, but it is not working for my Time Capsule...

I recently bought the Apple Care Protection Plan and I got my iMac registered for it. However, I cannot get my Time Capsule, purchased months before the Protection Plan, registered. I did type the serial numbers of both the Plan and the device correctly, but the site cannot register the Time Capsule, I keep getting a system error. Is there a way that I can get the Plan on my Time Capsule too? I could buy another Plan, but I don't think I should spend another $200.00 if it's not necessary. Can anyone explain why my Time Capsule cannot be registered with the plan?

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen), Mac OS X (10.7.4), Apple Care Protection Plan

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 6:11 AM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2012 5:33 PM in response to DestroyerDrak

DestroyerDrak wrote:

I recently bought the Apple Care Protection Plan and I got my iMac registered for it. However, I cannot get my Time Capsule, purchased months before the Protection Plan, registered.

That's correct; it's covered, but you can't register it separately for some reason. (I went through this with Apple a couple of years ago myself.)

Just keep your receipts, preferably with the serial number, in case you ever have a problem.

I used the protection plan on my iMac, but it is not working for my Time Capsule...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.