Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my Firmware Password

I created a firmware password long back..I tried to install windows few days back...windows was succesfully installed but my Mac OSX Snow Leapord got crashed..I cant boot my OSX Snow Leapord dvd because i forgot my firmware password..I gave my Notebook to an authorised service centre named ample Technologies...They told me that they cant reset the password...Right now im using windows...Using boot camp control pannel also i cant change my start up...Please tell me how to go back to mac....I dont want to use windows in my macbook pro..Its Mid 2012 series.Please give me a solution.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 10:56 AM

12 replies

Dec 5, 2012 2:21 AM in response to teebeez

Only Apple retail stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers can unlock these computers protected by a firmware password.

If you cannot remember the firmware password for your Mac, schedule a service appointment with either an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail store, please make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).

Good luck,

Clinton

Forgot my Firmware Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.