Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air hdmi connected to Samsung tv Image size incorrect

I have a MacBook Air that i hdmi-connected to Samsung tv but the image on the tv is not sized correctly, meaning the image frame on the screen is smaller that the full sized tv screen. It's not evenly shrunk around the screen. It's about 2 inches on the left and 3 inches on the right, and 1 inch from top and bottom.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), Thunderbolt-2-HDMI

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:02 AM

4 replies

Jun 21, 2012 12:29 PM in response to captfred

When I do the tv screen goes blue and reads unsupported, both 1080i and 1080p. I only get my laptop screen. So I have to set it back to 720p. However, Im attaching a picture of it. You can see the tv has a glossy black bezel around it. Then there is a 1 inch dark black frame around the complete screen, equidistant from top, bottom, left and right. Then there seems to be a lighter greyish frame inside that which is flush on the left with the black frame and computer screen image. Top and bottom it seems to be about 1/2 inch and on the right it seems to be about 2.5 inches.

Its ok if I cant get 1080i or p. But could I at least make my screen cover the complete tv screen?User uploaded file

Jun 21, 2012 3:10 PM in response to captfred

Yes but if I slide anymore to the left then the inage grows but to the left, so I can't see the left side of my screen. I did change the tv format from dot by dot to normal and it made the screen somewhat bigger but I still have the large greyish frame around the image off to the right.

Right now the image is flush to the left bezel but appears to have an inverted C frame on top, bottom and right.

Also, making the change from dot by dot to normal made the image less crisp, but oh we'll, I won't complain.

I would like to get it to occupy the remaining space though.

MacBook Air hdmi connected to Samsung tv Image size incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.