Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic audiobook settings

I have placed audiobooks onto my Ipod Classic 160G, I have managed to put into one long book on my Itunes but not on my ipod. It shows each track seperate (and theres roughly 500 tracks per book) and wont skip onto the next one no matter not if I turn the autoreply off.

Can anyone tell me how I can get my Ipod to recognise the chapters as one book?

Also how can I get my Ipod to play the chapters one after another?

I would like anyhelp I can get with this.

iPod classic

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 1:47 PM

2 replies

Aug 14, 2012 12:46 PM in response to Katiefromharlow

Obviously there is actually NO WAY to use the section "audiobooks" for more then ONE audiobook. And this have to have only one file... I know that ***!

The only work around is like this:

create in iTunes for every single Audiobook a seperate playlist. Put the according book into this list and sync the lists to your classic. So do I at the moment also. There the iPod also will sort all tracks by name. I recommend to reassign the Tracknames like "001 - [name of book]", "002 - [Name of Book]" aso. So you make sure that your book will be played in the correct sequence.

I hope apple will fix this section by taking a look at the way the iPhone and iPod Touch is handling the audiobooks. there every book is shown as seperate album. Until this, the workaround is the only way to listen to your audiobooks... 😟

Ipod Classic audiobook settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.