Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 screen coming loose from body

My iPad 2 screen has started to come loose from the body and also the display appears to be deteriating in one area which has a bubble effect when the display light is off (check out my post on home button issue for reference pictures).

I received the iPad as a gift for my birthday last July but my wife actually purchased it before this and checking the serial number online indicates that it is no longer covered by warranty.

So I have the following questions:

1. Is there any chance that I would be able to get the iPad repaired or replaced at no additional cost?

2. If not, how much would it likely cost?

3. Are there any other options I should consider? Such as a third party repair company or a,self repair method?

Any help appreciated.

Thank,

Bryan

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, Black, 32GB, 3G and Wifi

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 2:10 PM

7 replies

Jul 13, 2012 12:35 AM in response to vazandrew

Update:

I took a trip to the apple store yesterday and after checking it they confirmed that there was indeed a problem with the screen and that it had not been dropped.

As it was out of warranty they said that usually I would need to pay the standard fee to get it replaced (around £200) but given the nature of the defect they gave me one at a reduced cost so I got it replaced.

Bryan

iPad 2 screen coming loose from body

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.