Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing with Address Book

Hi;

I'm still having problems syncing by older iPod with my address book. It has worked fine for years them about one year ago it stopped working.😕 Not sure of the generation of iPod but it's the first one with colour, has a scroll wheel, and is 60GB (the largest offered at the time of purchase). I have tried all syncing options from iTunes; i.e. turning sync off and then back on again. The mac I'm using is a new Mac mini.

If anyone has any ideas pleas post them.

Thanks 🙂

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.7), i7 - 8GB RAM - 750 Gig HD

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 6:01 AM

Several users running Mac OS X Lion (and iCloud) have no longer been able to "sync" contacts over to their older iPods.

A work around is to export all of your contacts out of Address Book as vCards and them copy these vCards into your iPod's Contacts folder. You'll need to have the Enable Disk Use option ticked from under the iPod's Summary tab in order to browse out to the iPod's Contacts folder via the Finder.

Using your iPod as a storage drive

B-rock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2012 6:01 AM in response to psyfrog

Several users running Mac OS X Lion (and iCloud) have no longer been able to "sync" contacts over to their older iPods.

A work around is to export all of your contacts out of Address Book as vCards and them copy these vCards into your iPod's Contacts folder. You'll need to have the Enable Disk Use option ticked from under the iPod's Summary tab in order to browse out to the iPod's Contacts folder via the Finder.

Using your iPod as a storage drive

B-rock

Syncing with Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.