Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Radius: Invalid password

Hi

I'm trying to set up a Juniper SSG-5 as a VPN gateway in front of an OSX-server.

I have configured the radius server on OSX and I can use it to authenticate my VPN-users on the SSG-5 as long as I'm using an admin user.

If I try to log in as an non-admin user (that have been added to the "Allowed users list" I get:

Fri Jun 22 11:13:08 2012 : Auth: rlm_opendirectory: User <vpntest> is authorized.

Fri Jun 22 11:13:08 2012 : Auth: rlm_opendirectory: [vpntest]: invalid password

I have tried to follow a number of guides and I have tried to ask at a freeradius forum (the just blame Apple for changing it) but I have found noone that deals with this problem.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:21 AM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2012 5:51 AM in response to JensSkov

Hi again...

Now I have tried running radiusd in debug mode and I get this:

rlm_opendirectory: The host 192.168.x.x does not have an access group.

rlm_opendirectory: User <vpntest> is authorized.

rlm_opendirectory: Setting Auth-Type = opendirectory

++[opendirectory] returns ok

++[expiration] returns noop

++[logintime] returns noop

[pap] Found existing Auth-Type, not changing it.

++[pap] returns noop

Found Auth-Type = opendirectory

+- entering group opendirectory {...}

rlm_opendirectory: [vpntest]: invalid password

++[opendirectory] returns userlock

Failed to authenticate the user.

Using Post-Auth-Type Reject

+- entering group REJECT {...}

The password IS correct and I can't figure out if the problem is within radius or opendirectory.

As long as the user is an adsministrator he will be authenticated, but not of it's a normal user.

Any good ideas`?

Radius: Invalid password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.