Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Time Machine

When I try to archive my files with Time Machine I get an error message "erro disk not available".

The external disk is a 1 TB Iomega EGO Portable Hard Drive Mac Edition connected with 2 USB connection to my Mac Book Air with MacOS 10.7.4.

I have format the disk in MacOS extended. I have tried to copy file from my internal disk to the external disk & it works correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marc

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 5:48 PM

Is this your first backup to that drive? If so, be sure it's set up properly. See #C1 in Time Machine - Troubleshooting.

If not, or if it's set up correctly, try just selecting the disk again via Time Machine Preferences.

If that doesn't help, the prefereces file may be damaged. Try a "full reset" per #A4 in the link above.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2012 5:48 PM in response to Marc Pichon

Is this your first backup to that drive? If so, be sure it's set up properly. See #C1 in Time Machine - Troubleshooting.

If not, or if it's set up correctly, try just selecting the disk again via Time Machine Preferences.

If that doesn't help, the prefereces file may be damaged. Try a "full reset" per #A4 in the link above.

Problem with Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.