Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Battery stops charging at 96% and says that battery is fully charged? My Macbook Pro is 10 months old, with 234 cycles.

This never used to happen before. Only suddenly. Why is this happening? Is it something to worry about?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 4:09 AM

6 replies

Jun 22, 2012 4:12 AM in response to Vandit Ladha

Once you're battery is fully charged to 100%, it sometimes drops down to 95% before it starts recharging.

If you check your system report - power - you'll see it says fully charged and not charging.

Here's what to do if you want to make sure it reaches 100%.

Let it run under it's own power, then once it's down to 80%, then charge it back up. Once you see the words charged, have a look to see if it's at 100%.

If that doesn't help you, try to do a SMC/PRAM reset.

Jun 22, 2012 4:16 AM in response to Vandit Ladha

That really isn't unusual...batteries will charge close to 100% and may stop until the charge drops below 95-93% and then top off again. Sometimes running the battery down a fair amount, to 20% or below and then charging brings the charge back to 100%. Sometimes charges to 100% after only a small drop. Mine varies a fair amount.

Check the health of your battery, click the apple menu, About This Mac, More Info, System Report, Hardware, Power and see what it says about battery Condition, Cpacity, Cycles, Voltage. That tells a lot abou the state of the battery.

My Battery stops charging at 96% and says that battery is fully charged? My Macbook Pro is 10 months old, with 234 cycles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.