Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The very tip of the aux jack came off in the mini port of my IPhone 4S.

Is this a common problem? Can it be fixed? I can't use my phone to make any calls unless I put it on speakerphone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:45 AM

Here's a guide on removing the plug from the jack on a Macbook, shouldn't be much different on your iPhone.

The page is in Spanish, but there's pictures and if you run it through a translator you should be good to go.

http://www.zonaapple.com/2010/12/como-salvar-su-mac-cuando-se-ha-roto-un-mini-ja ck-dentro/

Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2012 11:45 AM in response to elainefromnh

Here's a guide on removing the plug from the jack on a Macbook, shouldn't be much different on your iPhone.

The page is in Spanish, but there's pictures and if you run it through a translator you should be good to go.

http://www.zonaapple.com/2010/12/como-salvar-su-mac-cuando-se-ha-roto-un-mini-ja ck-dentro/

Good luck!

Jun 23, 2012 5:00 AM in response to davidphantomatic

Thank you so much! I translated the Spanish into English. The concept is what helped me. What broke off in my iPhone was the inside of the connection at the tip of the audio cable. Just a pencil thin piece of metal was sticking up inside the port. I tried using the tubing and a thin piece of metal but there wasn't enough surface on either end to grab and pull out the end of the connector. What I ended up doing was putting Krazy Glue inside the end of the cable and putting that back into the port. I waited about 15 minutes and pulled it straight out and it worked!! The key is not to twist at all, just pull straight out.

I am so glad you gave me the suggestion!!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

The very tip of the aux jack came off in the mini port of my IPhone 4S.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.