Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple exchange my iPod touch 4g with a new one if my current one is deffective >

Ok so, I got my iPod touch 4g (white) on June 19th after i made a bet with my moms boyfriend to not drink pop for a year 😀

So when I opened the iPod, it wouldnt connect to wi-fi. Guys, dont ask me to reset network settings or anything, because..

IVE TRIED E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G, but nothing has worked. So I called Apple and the guy on the phone said to go and make

an appointment at the Genius Bar, so i did, for 1:30pm today.

So my question is: Since the guy told me it's probably a deffective product, will Apple exchange my current iPod

for a new one? (my current one has no scratches, still has the headphones & charger, with the manuals, the box, stickers & everything)

Thank youu 🙂

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 7:40 AM

If it is defective then they will replace with a seervice unit. Just the ipod. You keep your headphones and everything else.

8 replies

Jun 22, 2012 9:57 AM in response to Dancer98

Don't be worried. Refurbished with Apple means just that. Everything is tested, a brand new battery is installed. As good as new (but do check for scratches, although they usually put on a brand new back). And given the circumstances the person at the Genius bar may decide to give you a brand new iPod; but, after 14 days s/he is not required to do so.

Will Apple exchange my iPod touch 4g with a new one if my current one is deffective >

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.