Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2007 MacBook Pro ctrl key not working

Hi all,

I have used various iterations of bootcamp with my 2007 macbook pro without problem. I have also sucessfully installed Windows 7 64-bit using bootcamp and got it working almost perfectly (sound, video, magic mouse) despite it not officially being supported by the version of bootcamp that came with Snow Leopard.

My only problem now is that the control lkey isn't working. I've tried various keymappers to map it to another key (generally the Apple key) to no avail. And when I say it isn't working, I mean it's not working at all. Key mappers don't recognise when I tap it, I can't Ctrl-C to copy or Ctrl-anything to anything.

I have installed the Apple keyboard driver and everything else works perfectly, including the F-keys, Fn, alt and the Apple key (which opens the start menu). Any suggestions for how I could fix this would be greatfully received.

Thanks,

Alexis

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), Windows 7

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 10:41 AM

1 reply

2007 MacBook Pro ctrl key not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.