Skip navigation

Lower Memory Slot Failures

370 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 24, 2012 8:00 AM by Allan Jones RSS
-g Level 4 Level 4 (3,205 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 22, 2012 12:30 PM

add me to the list Powerbook G4 - serial number W8510######

just discovered the widely-known defect on this $3000 laptop, Apple Care long expired

haven't seen anything this disappointing this since my $3000 G5 tower coolant leaked coolant all over my logic board and ruined that machine

of course 800-my-apple no longer wants to talk about this issue either (they did just proposition me for a $49 charge to discuss it, tho)

• Allan Jones Level 7 Level 7 (29,575 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2012 8:00 AM (in response to -g)

Apple Customer Relations 1-800-767-2775 is a higher level of appeal. You probably have to be in North America to use this line.

However, as the extension program that covered this failure expired so long ago, I doubt there will be much relief gained from that contact either.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.