Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iMac recognise my Samsung S3?

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 but am truly unable to get my iMac to 'see' the phone when connected via USB. Does anyone have any idea what I'm meant to do?

I'd really like to sync itunes to the phone. I've tried using the app Easy Phone Sync but no joy with that either.

Thanks.

iMac

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 12:56 PM

13 replies

Jun 24, 2012 4:18 AM in response to jennifenelmes

OK, this is now resolved. For anyone wondering how to sync a Samsung Galaxy S3 with itunes follow the directions below;

Download Easy Phone Sync on your phone

Download Easy Phone Sync on your Mac from Easyphonesync.com

Follow directions on-screen

This works for most people. If, like me, you encounter problems then go to

Easyphonesync.com/blog/files/s3_mac.html and follow instructions on screen.

Hope this helps

Jul 31, 2012 3:53 PM in response to jennifenelmes

hello.

have the same problem on 10.8

i am able to use the sync via kies but i'd like to connect it as a storage devide. this goes with no problem on xp or ubuntu (even under parallels on the same imac that does not want to connecct it natively).

can see this in dmesg

USBF:155741.588[0xffffff80186c3e00] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 3 of Hub at 0xfd100000)

any ideas?

i found several answers on android forums but they are all connected with rooting the phone. thanx

Sep 23, 2012 6:58 AM in response to RobTheVigilante

🙂 I have to have 2 service providers to make sure I have coverage everywhere possible. I have a S3 on Verizon and went to go get my 2nd phone at ATT, it was the day before the iPhone 5 came out. I was tempted, don't get me wrong. I have had an iPhone in the past. But for me, I'm tech savvy, rely on my devices so much given the amount of travel that I do and the amount of info that I need to have with me on a regular basis, both nationally and internationally, and went for the Red GS3 on ATT. It was close, but the removable memory, able to have 80gb of memory with 16 built in and a 64gb card on ATT/96gb on the Verizon model with 32g built in and a 64gb card vs 64gb max on the I5, great camera on both, and running andoid system (which i really prefer over iOS on my phone, and I have an iMac, iPad2 x3, and a MBP13", so usually and apple girl). Otherwise, spec wise, it's fairly a draw. Yes, people copy, and lawsuits are everywhere, including against the I5 by HTC for the 4g guts, its a personal preference.

Since my initial issues with syncing I have had no problems since on either phone once I had the settings right to sync. Good Luck!

Why won't my iMac recognise my Samsung S3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.