Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I contacted Brooke Army Med Center in San Antonio TX in regards to having people donate physical CDs and DVDs for our wounded warriors. My contact there thought it was a brilliant idea to have a "donation" library to help our soldiers, w. a library. HELP?

Since I recently joined The Cloud for my iTunes etc, and I know that CDs and DVDs are trending downward as more people are digitizing their libraries and/or using streaming media. So I was left with several hundred CDs and DVDs and wondered "who would benefit from this?"

Knowing of Brooke Army Medical Center (San Antonio TX), and knowing that's where our soldiers who need prosthetic surgeries, recuperation and assistance, I figured that music and movies would be great as part of their therapy. I contacted James Bonola (Gift Coordinator, Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft Sam Houston) and he thought it would be a great way to help our returning wounded warriors with their therapy.

I then thought of what company would have the logistics in place to collect CDs and DVDs, and have the national reach to help get this idea off the ground.

APPLE!

1. Apple's promoting iCloud, so you get to "keep" your music on all your devices.

2. Apple also SELLS music, so if you're looking to upgrade, Apple's the place.

3. Apple revolutionized the music (and movie) industry with the iPod.

I spoke to someone at Apple today, and they suggested the Apple Support Community. So I chose the iCloud community for the most direct attention.

If you have all your mobile (iOS) devices and your Macs, iPads, iPhones and everything else, what's it going to cost you if you are looking to dispose of your physical library. WE DON'T NEED THE JEWEL BOXES...just the discs and any booklets.

So what do you say folks? How about giving this a shot, and helping our wounded warriors through their therapy, and help them build their own music and movie collections at the same time. What have you got to lose? And just imagine how great you'll feel.

For further information, contact me at ibernard@mac.com or, better still, contact James Bonola, Gift Coordinator directly at james.bonola@us.army.mil.

Let's make a difference. All you'll get is a chance to make a difference in someone's day.

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN, PEOPLE!!!

Bernard M Lynch Jr

http://www.orangemercury.com

PowerBook G4 17", Mac OS X (10.4.6), 1.67 GHz PPC 2GB DDR SDRAM

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:05 PM

There are no replies.

I contacted Brooke Army Med Center in San Antonio TX in regards to having people donate physical CDs and DVDs for our wounded warriors. My contact there thought it was a brilliant idea to have a "donation" library to help our soldiers, w. a library. HELP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.