Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't display "On Demand" video

Since an upgrade back in November last year I have lost the ability to watch "On Demand" programming from our local (NZ) TV stations. You Tube also disappeared for a while but is back now since Google changed things. I had hoped that subsequent updates would reurn my service but it hasn't. I am etting tired of having to change to "Firefox" in order to catch up with my entertainment.

Any good ideas as to why this has happened and how to reverse it?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 4:20 PM

Which Mac OS X do you have installed?

Check Safari > Preferences > Extensions. If you have any installed, turn that OFF, quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extension, you may have a third party unsupported Safari plugin installed that's causing an incompatiblity issue the On Demand format.

Follow the instructions for troubleshooting here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2012 4:20 PM in response to keithfrominvercargill

Which Mac OS X do you have installed?

Check Safari > Preferences > Extensions. If you have any installed, turn that OFF, quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extension, you may have a third party unsupported Safari plugin installed that's causing an incompatiblity issue the On Demand format.

Follow the instructions for troubleshooting here.

Safari won't display "On Demand" video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.